creative lead | freelance | JAN 2014-present
Designed smart, strategy-driven brand identities, digital experiences, and print materials for clients including the Foundation for a Just Society, UCLA Center for Climate Science, the National Disability Institute, and Public Policy Lab, as well as for design agency partners GOOD/Corps, and Bureau Blank.
art directoR | purpose | nov 2014-MAr 2016
Directed the creation and production of participatory campaigns, brand identities, digital experiences, and content for social good-focused clients including Habitat for Humanity, World Animal Protection, The Rockefeller Foundation, and the New Jersey PTA.
- Established the conceptual and visual direction for each project, managing small teams of designers and copywriters and maintaining timelines and budgets.
- Presented creative solutions to clients and helped develop new business pitches.
- Guided growth for the creative team, serving as departmental hiring manager and standardizing the internal project brief and brand development processes.
Art Director | Big Duck | may 2012-dec 2013
Led the creative development of branding, digital, and campaign projects for nonprofit organizations including Hillel, the Children’s Tumor Foundation, Exponent Philanthropy, and the New York Peace Institute.
- Partnered with clients and strategists to define project goals and led collaborative workshops and design research sessions.
- Crafted design concepts based on strategic insights and directed the work of junior and freelance designers, copywriters, and interns.
- Presented to clients and worked closely with them through iteration and refinement.
Senior Designer | Big Duck | aug 2007-apr 2012
Conceptualized and designed brand identities, multichannel campaigns, and websites for nonprofit organizations, collaborated closely with clients and strategists, and provided guidance to design and copywriting interns.
Production Specialist | National Museum of Women in the Arts | mar 2002-jun 2005
Managed the creation and production of print and online membership materials and designed collateral as needed for museum publications, exhibitions, and gift shop.
Carnegie Mellon University
M.Des., Communication Planning
and Information Design | 2007
B.A. with honors, College of Letters
Phi Beta Kappa | 2001
Digital User Experience
Naming & Writing
Adobe Creative Suite
PowerPoint & Keynote